Turn Your Hobby Into A Profitable Home Business | Work From Home Site
Turn Your Hobby Into A Profitable Home Business
Have you ever wondered whether your hobby or special skill could turn into a profitable business? If the answer is yes, then what has stopped you from giving it a go?
Many successful businesses have started as weekend hobbies and have become successful part time and even full time businesses for their owners.
And the only difference between where they are now and where you are at the moment is that they took the first step.
Setting up a shop or renting out office space and fitting it out can be costly, so unless you are absolutely sure and have done your research, itâ€™s best to test the waters first. And the easiest way to do that is by setting up a web-site. You can either hire a website designÂer or do it yourself. There are many online tools which will help you do that.
Two of the most important things that your website should have are:
1. Clean design and easy navigation.
2. All the information your potential cusÂtomer may need to make a decision whether to hire you or buy your products. When people are looking online, they donâ€™t want to wait until they can contact you by phone, they want the details right there and then.
Remember on the internet, you are competing with thousands of other websites, so itâ€™s critical that you prove you are the expert in your field and that you have credibiliÂty.
- Include testimonials from current customers. If you donâ€™t have any yet, give away your products or servÂices for free in return for feedback.
- Before and after shots – show problem pictures and beside them show how your product/service resolved the problem.
- Offer Money Back Guarantee Âthe longer the better.
- Contact Details – ensure you clearly display how they can contact you.
- If you belong to a trade associations, display their logo and details.
- Media – include any articles or photos that have appeared in online and offline media.
- Return/Refund Policy – Ensure this is easy to understand and spelt out step by step.
- Awards – if you have won any awards, include their details.
Here are some ideas of hobbies that can you turn into a great business:
- Baking cookies / cakes for local cafes and restauÂrants.
- Chocolate making.
- Flower arranging.
- Teaching kids how to play soccer / netÂball / tennis / surfing / skateboarding.
- Jewellery making or teaching.
- Cake decorating. – Candle making.
- Renovating houses.
- Designing stationery.
- Book writing.
- Plants / flower / herb growing and sellÂing.
- Teaching photography / dancing / sailÂing / knitting / pottery / computer skills to adults.
- Running fitness classes.
- Event planning and organising.
- Writing for online publications.
- Being a tour guide. – Film making.
- Fixing things.
- Restoring furniture.
- Creating gift hampers.
- Personal training.
- Collecting and selling antiques / art.
- House organising.
- Event planning.
So if youâ€™ve ever thought of starting your own business, why not just go for it. What have you got to lose?
Turn Your Hobby Into A Profitable Home Business, 10.0 out of 10 based on 1 rating